With the growing use of rhinoplasty for cosmetic purposes and to alleviate nasal health problems, there is also an increasing number of Sydney plastic surgery professionals. How do you decide where to get plastic surgery when there are so many choices available? Considering the importance of your decision to get rhinoplasty surgery, do not settle for just any physician. It is imperative to the outcome of your surgery that you opt for a professional who has years of experience in the field of rhinoplasty.
The goals of your plastic surgeon should include compassionate and professional patient care that puts your health and personal needs as top priority. Do not hesitate to ask the surgeon you are considering any pressing questions that you may have about the procedure and about their experience. A few questions to ask a physician during your consultation should include:
- What is your experience with the type of procedure I am interested in?
- Are you a member of the Australian Society of Plastic Surgeons?
- Are you a plastic surgery Fellow of The Royal Australasian college of Surgeons?
- Do you perform all procedures in an accredited surgical facility?
- What is your background in rhinoplasty?
To assess whether or not the physician is a good match for you as far as their bedside manner is concerned and in how clear they are about discussing the procedure with you, consider the following:
- Does the surgeon answer all of your questions and concerns clearly and comprehensively?
- Does the surgeon carefully consider your desires for the procedure?
- Are the possible outcomes and risk factors explained to you?
- Does the surgeon welcome any questions you have about their experience?
Choosing a rhinoplasty surgeon you are comfortable with beyond a doubt is sure to bring about the best results. Carefully deliberating your options will help you to finalize your decision.